Tucson Acupuncture shares–
Ancient Traditional Chinese Medicine Facts about Bone Broth
Note VERY IMPORTANT: Juan’s Bone Broth recipe (given to new patients) uses Traditional Chinese Medicine’s ancient knowledge of using lime/lemon juice to boil the bones to extract the calcium from the bones.... and then uses 3 secret key ingredients to take out the acidity from the beef bones.
We decided to research and contact two highly advertised Bone Broth suppliers of pre-made bone both products for a confirmation of their ingredients.
Questions to ask when selecting real marrow bones or any industrialized products are:
- Which animal are the bones from?
- Asking if they contain any marrow in them before they process is a must too.
- Were the bones form the animals 100% grass fed and grass finished? (no corn or feed lot at any part of the life of the animal)
- Did they process the bones with lemon or lime juice or vinegar? And for what length of time?
- Also note any chemical names or flavorings, spices or flavorings that are not named or any use of sweeteners should not be listed in the ingredients. This is a Major red flag!